Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Creamy Pumpkin Breakfast Bowl

Mmm, this breakfast bowl is one of my favorite ways to start Fall and Winter mornings!  Canned pumpkin turns traditional Cream of Wheat into something special without too much effort.  This recipe takes just a few minutes to prepare, so you don't have to set aside too much time in the morning to put together something delicious and healthy.  Yes- healthy!  It definitely tastes more decadent than it is.

Ingredients:
- 1 1/4 c milk (I use Silk Coconut Milk)
- 3 tbsp Cream of Wheat cereal
- 1/2 c. canned pumpkin (make sure you aren't using Pumpkin Pie Filling- this isn't the same!)
- Pumpkin Pie spice, to taste
- Splenda, as needed (I used 2 packets)


Bring milk to a rolling boil on the stovetop.  Add 3 tbsp of the Cream of Wheat cereal, plus the canned pumpkin.  Whisk to combine, stirring consistently so lumps do not form, about 2 minutes, or until desired thickness is achieved.  Turn off heat, whisk in Pumpkin Pie spice (approx 1/4th tsp) and Splenda.  Serve in a bowl- garnishing with more Pumpkin Pie spice if desired.


Yum- happy eating!

1 comment:

  1. hi, maybe this will be a little bit strange, but i liked a lot your username on Twitter and i saw that you seems not be using your twitter account a lot, so would you mind donating me your username? you can contact me through my twitter accounts: @deardrxxm or @palettefully, or through my email: hopiuum@gmail.com. If your not okay with donating it to me i understand completely.

    ReplyDelete